If you are unfortunate enough to be the victim of a Hit and Run Road Traffic Accident you might be able to make a personal injury claim for compensation.

Motor Insurer’s Bureau (MIB)

Your claim would be handled by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). According to the MIB uninsured drivers injure 23,000 people and kill 160 each year with a total cost to honest motorists of £500 million paid for through their insurance premiums. MIB, the police, DVLA and the insurance industry work together on behalf of lawful motorists to remove uninsured drivers from our roads.

If you have been the victim of a Hit and Run Traffic Accident we advise following steps.

hit and run accident

  • If possible get the registration number and driver details for the lorry, van, car or mortorbike responsible.
  • If possible get the names and addresses of any witnesses.
  • If possible take photographs of the accident scene.
  • Report the case to the police as soon as possible. If you do not do this the MIB could refuse to handle your claim.
  • Get any medical attention that you need and make sure that you keep any GP or hospital records ro reports.
  • If your vehicle has been damaged get an estimate for the repair work. The MIB will only deal with repair costs if the other vehicle is identified or traced.
  • Instruct a road accident claims lawyer such as Peasegoods specialising in MIB claims.

How we can help

Peasegoods have specialist solicitors experienced in handling claims from Hit and Run Road Traffic Accident claims.

• We will be happy to come and see you at home
• We’ll talk to you in plain English
• Free initial advice
• No win no fee cases accepted

Please call us on 0161 205 2772 or complete the form below and we will be in touch shortly.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone


Your Message