An Accident in a supermarket is sometimes perceived as trivial however in reality, a high proportion of such accidents involve serious injury.
If the Accident in a Supermarket was not your fault and happened in the last three years, it can result in compensation.
All supermarkets, in fact any shop, has a duty of care to provide a safe shopping environment. Some accidents are unavoidable or even the shoppers fault but in many cases accidents occur because the supermarket has not followed it’s own procedures to do regular inspections or clean up spillages.
Very often the injuries sustained in such accidents have adverse consequences for life. All public and private organisations owe a duty of care to ensure all visitors to premises are safe. Local authorities are also under a duty to ensure that pavements and public highways are in a safe condition for public use.
Accident in a Supermarket? Call 0161 205 2772 now!
If you have an Accident in a Supermarket we recommend the following:
- Make a note of exactly when, where and how the accident took place.
- Report the accident to the supermarket manager and ensure that it is recorded in the supermarket’s accident book.
- If possible get the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- If possible take photographs of the accident scene.Get any medical attention that you need and make sure that you keep any GP or hospital records or reports.
How we can help
Peasegoods have specialist solicitors experienced in handling claims from most forms of supermarket accidents.
• We’ll talk to you in plain English
• No win no fee cases accepted