Is your Landlord failing their responsibilities for repairs and tenant rights? Peasegoods will help you make your landlord do vital Landlord Repairs.
Responsibilities for Landlord Repairs and tenant rights.
In most cases if you live in a rented house then your landlord is responsible for the repairs. You, the tenant, are usually only responsible for decorations, and for putting right any damage you have caused.
Landlords are almost always responsible for repairs to the following regardless of what your landlord tells you:
- The structure and outside of the building e.g. the walls, roof, external doors and windows.
- Sinks, baths, toilets and other sanitary fittings, including pipes and drains.
- Heating and hot water appliances, gas appliances, pipes, flues and ventilation.
- Electrical wiring.
- They are also responsible for putting right any damage to internal decorations that was caused by the disrepair or while repairs they are responsible for are carried out.
As recognised experts in this field we can help you to enforce your rights and get repairs done. You may also be able to claim compensation if there has been a delay in carrying out the repairs, or if you, or anyone living with you has been injured as a result of the disrepair.
If you’d like some free initial advice, or just need to speak to someone to find out more about what you can do to force your landlord to do the repairs he/she is responsible for, don’t hesitate to call us on 0161 205 2772 or click on the contact us button below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
As recognised experts in this field we have helped thousands of tenants to enforce their rights and get repairs done.
• We’ll talk to you in plain English
• In most instances landlords are responsible for repairs